Pages

Thursday, March 27, 2008

New Painting



Here is a new painting. I haven't named her yet, but I really like the background a lot. The painting is on a wood board I got in the Michaels $1 bin. It had painted flowers on it and said something about spring. So I just sanded it and painted over it. I love trying to find different inexpensive surfaces to paint on. I have also been experimenting with different kinds of backgrounds and trying to learn as much as I can about different techniques. I signed up for another class. This time it is with the "Altered Diva" and she is going to teach about whimsical landscapes. That class starts mid April and I can't wait. I am also getting ready for Paulette Insall's next class called "Painting Faces." I love they way she shades her faces and up to this point, I have been "winging" it as far as shadowing goes. It will be nice to actually learn how to shade faces correctly. That class starts this coming Monday and I just can't wait to learn and see what the other women in the class come up with.


Peace.

1 comment:

Carmen said...

This piece is beautiful. I love the texture of the background and the dress!