Pages

Thursday, May 8, 2008

The Dreamer




I have been very inspired lately! I have been sketching a lot and really want to get them all on canvas. Here is one that I just finished. I really love the colors, but the picture doesn't really convey them properly. I want to make a light box so bad, but I really don't have anywhere to keep it right now. I finished off the piece with beeswax and then smudged the top with oil pastels and mica powders. Anyway, I hope you enjoy her as much as I did while painting her.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

she's lovely!

Terri Stegmiller said...

Very lovely!

CJ Hodges MacFarlane said...

Photographing your work can be such a hassle - but once you get it down, it turns into a lot of fun! I'm almost as into getting photos of my work as I am making it these days. Your art is beautiful, keep experimenting :D

www.HojpojArt.com

Marilyn said...

BEAUTIFUL, Shonna! I love this piece and the finished piece from your 'faces' class!
Sweet post of your son holding your sketches--he is just darling!