Pages

Monday, June 30, 2008

Little Gnome Homes!!!


Ok, somebody stop me... The inspiration at Etsy is taking over my life!! There are so many talented artists there and I am getting so many ideas. I made these polymer clay houses this weekend that were inspired by some artists from Etsy. One of which is the very talented Jenn Mcglon from Noodle and Lou. Jenn makes these cute little houses and calls them "Lulettes." Every time she makes them and puts them in her Etsy shop they are gone faster than you can blink an eye! I decided I would try and make my own since I can never get there fast enough to buy one of Jenns. I have never worked with polymer clay, so I really didn't have a clue as to what I was doing. Overall, I am happy with the way they turned out and they look really cute in my living room.

9 comments:

noodle and lou said...

How cute!!! What a wonderful treat for yourself Shonna:) Thanks for the sweet words about my little lulettes!! xox...jenn

Anonymous said...

they're awesome!!! i've just about decided to make some of my own, too. i can never get to jenn's fast enough!

Kim Hardt Originals said...

Hi Shonna, I love Jenns work as well. She is great!

Just stopping by to wish you a Happy 4th of July week!!

Kim

Marilyn said...

Shonna, I love your little gnome homes--you made some really cute ones for yourself!

I understand how you can be inspired by Jenn's work--I'm also a big fan. I hope you'll continue to be inspired by things you see on etsy--you're making some wonderful art!

Aimée Wheaton said...

I thought these were Lulettes! LOL Great job, if I can't snag one I'll do one too! Did you use colored clay or paint these yourself?

Carmen said...

These are great!

Unknown said...

Thanks everyone! I just bought a whitish color (I think it was called pearl) and then painted it after it came out of the oven.

Bonafyde said...

These turned out fantasic! I especially love the one with the moon on top, too cute...I'm definately inspired to try and make some too! TFS!

Thank you so much for your kind words and support on my blog, I needed to read that today!

Sherry Goodloe said...

They are soooooo cute Shonna! You did a great job.