Pages

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

THE SAINT



Here is a picture of my latest painting. The book pages were embossed using a diecut machine. Then I took some chalk ink and swiped it across the image so it would stand out. I have been practicing the shading technique I learned in Paulette Insall's faces class and I am getting more and more comfortable with what I am doing. I am also trying really hard not to be such a perfectionist with my work. I could take a week on one painting if I let myself. This one took about 5 hours which calculated to about 2 days. I have a son to take care of during the day so I do most of my painting at night. I hope you enjoy her. I will probably be listing her in my etsy shop soon. So stay tuned...


9 comments:

Annette said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting!
I really love your angel painting. The face is so soft and your colors pretty!
Anni

Anonymous said...

she's GREAT! 5 hours is not bad at all...you go, girl!

purplecat said...

I love her!great shading on the face.
Thanks for stopping by my blog x

nollyposh said...

~BeAuTiFuL~ Hey Shonna... How about doing a 'Suzi Blu' with the other painting you have hidden in your draw and use it as a background for a girl perhaps painted and then cut out and placed on it??? Would be prettttty x

Blaiz said...

Fantastic!

Tara's Art Camp said...

Your angel painting is wonderful! Thank you for stopping by and saying hello.

Paulina Lombardo said...

They are very sweet your work.
:), Pau

Sharon Tomlinson said...

Hi Shonna,
She is very nice.

couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

i love your faces!