Pages

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Painting Revisited



A few posts back I spoke of a friend of mine (Shannon) who passed away. I painted a portrait to relieve some of my pain, but I ended up giving it to the family. I am very happy to say the painting ended up in the hands of her 7 year old son. Well, Shannon's mother is having an extremely hard time with the loss of one of her children (understandably so) and keeps inquiring about that painting. I was contacted by a mutual friend and asked if I would paint another one and mail it to her mother. I was happy to oblige and stayed up until 2 am this morning finishing it. As a mother myself, I just cannot imagine the pain she must be feeling right now. We are not supposed to outlive our children and my heart just breaks for her. I also made her a pendant with a picture of Shannon from my wedding back in 2000. I really hope this will help her in some small way find some peace. Prayers for this family would be much appreciated as they all are feeling such a tremendous loss.


10 comments:

Krissy said...

What a wonderful thing you did for your friends mother. It must have been very difficult for you to lose your friend and I'm so sorry for your loss. As a parent, it breaks my heart to hear of her grieving mother. They will be in my prayers.
Krissy

Krissy said...

Oh, by the way....LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your work. Adding you to my blogroll pronto!
Krissy

Anonymous said...

Shonna, you are such a special human being. I thank God everyday for you. The painting is extra beautiful because I know it came from your heart. Shannon is smiling down on you. God Bless, Love Mom

Lorri said...

Shonna, this is beautiful. I can't imagine the suffering the family is going through. As a mother too - it would be incomprehensible. Totally devastating.
The pendant is gorgeous too.
Just wanted to say they are in my prayers too!
xo

Blaiz said...

Shonna, your work is just beautiful, as is your heart!

Becky Hilgendorf said...

Shonna,
What a beautiful way to make a tribute to Shannon's life.I am sad for your loss,but you have helped them in away that is so special and heart felt.The pendant is beautiful. I am sure her Mother treasures it.I cannot imagine out living a child,hope-fully the memories of Shannon's life will help you all deal with her death.I have lost two of my best friends this year,one suddenly one after a year of cancer...I miss their laughter everyday...
You and Shannon's family are in my prayers.

((HUGS))
-Becky

Becky Hilgendorf said...

I meant to say also,I love your painting....made me cry....

Becky

Linda Vincent said...

What a beautiful thing you have done - you are so thoughtful Shonna. You know I love your work; its very special. I'm glad you like my woodblock - I was inspired by you,
Hugs
Linda x

Aimée Wheaton said...

WOW Shonna art is so healing. That's so neat you did this for her family. She would be so proud to know what a wonderful friend you are. I can't imagine a pain like this but know that you are such a blessing to them.

HUGS!

Aimée

cookievf said...

Hi Shonna! I am also signed up for the 3 week challenge & came here through Etsy. I'll friend you today.

L.O.V.E. pink shannon and your tender art pieces for her family! These treasures will surely help to mend their hearts. I am sending love and prayer their way!

- vicki xo

PS Hoping for a background tutorial - WOW!!!!