Pages

Monday, November 24, 2008

I am taking a potty break!!


Potty training that is... I'm going to be a little absent this week. Since we are on Thanksgiving break this week (no pre-school), I have decided to get this kid potty trained. Enough is enough already!!! He turned 3 on Oct. 2nd and boy is he a stubborn one (just like his dad...LOL!). I have tried several times and many potty charts and incentives, even the Potty Fairy...(don't ask) and nothing has worked. Well I am staying home and not going to see the light of day this week until my little boy is peeing and pooing in the potty!!!! Wish me luck...boys are tough!! Feel free to leave comments with potty tips that have worked for you (I could use all the help I can get).

On an art note, I am working on more ornaments, shadow boxes, door hangers and other Christmas goodies for a craft bazaar on Dec. 5th that I will be attending. I will post pictures soon...

I also have a few more tutorials in mind, so stay tuned.

6 comments:

Becky Hilgendorf said...

Hi Shonna,
My daughter was having fits that her son,my grandson, just would'nt be potty trained(he turned 3 on June 26)we tried everything,rewards... promises of big trucks...I mean I'd have given him almost anything,I had a package of 10 Hot Wheels sitting on the back of the toilet,just waiting for success...you know the drill.At his baby sitter there was a little girl Chloe that started the end of summer,he did'nt want HER to know he wore diapers and laugh at him! That was it...I could'nt believe it....!!!!So enjoy your vacation,he'll get it soon:)
(((HUGS)))
Becky

Blaiz said...

I heard that if you put a few Cheerios in the potty and have him "aim" at them, it helps and makes going potty fun. Your husband should also get involved, showing him how "big boys" do it. LOL! Good luck.

Heather said...

best of luck!!! and have a happy thankgsiving :D

Becky Hilgendorf said...

When my son was little,(a lifetime ago)everyone told me the Daddy should potty train him....actually my son potty trained easy( I used cloth diapers,so I think that was the reason)Now, I am not THAT old,but the city I lived in had a diaper service,OMG my in-laws thought I was crazy for doing it too....Oh well,but my daughter did not train fast...go figure....there's always alot of outside pressure on Mom's I think....I would tell my daughter to just relax enjoy these times they go by so fast....
Becky

Adrian said...

We bribed with candy. A pee, good boy, here's an M&M; a poo, good Boy!, here's another M&M. For every dry day, we created a treat, Something like more TV, for every dry week, it was a trip to Walmart for a $5.00 toy.
In modern psychology, this is called behavior modification.
It definitely works, but you and everybody who is working with the child have to be consistant.
When he wets his pullups, just hand him another dry one and tell him to throw the wet one away. No Big Scene. Kids used Big Scene's to get attention. The attention should be on the good behavior, not the unwanted behavior.
Have fun with this and stay loose.

Pocket Full of Prettys said...

Good luck with the potty training. My son was awful, I thought he would never learn to go to the potty. I love your shadow box below, so sweet. Hugs***Renea