Pages

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Another Commission Complete


I had a total blast with this painting! Sometimes you feel like nothing is working when you are drawing or painting and sometimes things just flow nicely and the process is effortless. This painting just flowed for me. As I learn and grow as an artist, I am realizing that letting go is the key. Don't try and be a perfectionist or afraid to try new things. There is nothing that can't be fixed or changed in mixed media. That is why I love this medium so much. It is so freeing!!!!

For those of you who are artists and are struggling with perfectionism in your work. There are two quotes that I would like to share with you today...

"I am still learning that there are no mistakes, only discoveries..." - Fernando Araujo

and my personal favorite...


"There is no must in art because art is free..." - Wassily Kandinsky



10 comments:

Lisa Gatz said...

beautiful painting! And I enjoyed the quotes.

Anonymous said...

OH Shonna, I just love her, she looks so sweet and innocent. Is this one of your commisions?

Thelma-Art said...

Beautiful!! Your painting is enchanting and so sweet. Thank you for sharing these quotes, they calm my heart.
Thanks!

Blaiz said...

She's so sweet! I was thinking about your work the other night while looking at a ballerina that I drew. I kept wondering why my girls look so old, while yours look so young and cute! I'll have to study your faces when I'm finished with my class.

Sandi Keene said...

great quotes and lovely painting!

MaygreenFairies said...

Your art is scrumptous... I love it, so glad I found you through Art Paper Doll site. Mandy x

Sueann said...

Love your painting and the quotes are great. Eye opening!! Must write them down. What I love about your painting is the color and textures...fabulous!!
Hugs
SueAnn

Flor Larios Art said...

Hi Shonna,
I love your new painting!
And the two quotes are perfect for me...cause I am a perfectionist.
I am going to write them in front of my working table as a reminder...
Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Hello! Your art is beautiful! I love your blog and I'm going to add it to my favorites list!!!

Sueann said...

Hi it is me again! Stop by my blog. I have an award for you there.
Hugs
SueAnn