Pages

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Indian Moon Goddess!!

I completed another online class with Suzi Blu and learned yet another new technique. We did not paint the girl onto the wood...get this...we penciled her on sketchbook paper and then collaged her on the wood. It was so fun to do it that way. We did some painting on the girlie after she was collaged, but most of her face is colored pencil. The other technique I learned was how to dirty up the background to give it a shabby look. I have played around with this in the past, but could never get it quite the way I wanted it, so it was nice to learn an actual technique on how to do it. The workshop was supposed to be a rodeo cowgirl, but I decided to make an Indian girlie instead.











10 comments:

Sandi Keene said...

Love the softness of her face. Beautiful work, Shonna!

Kristin Long said...

So cute, Shonna! She is adorable! Do you acrylics for the clothing or another medium?

Shelly said...

I love the quote Shonnie - How do you decide what to put on your girlies?

Blaiz said...

Okay, I wasn't going to take that class, but after seeing your piece, I had to sign up!

You just get better and better, Shonna!

Linda Vincent said...

Love your work so much Shonna! This is adorable...your commission work is amazing too.
What a talent you have!
Love Linda xx

Anonymous said...

Wow! Cute Shonna! She is so beautiful. I love the background.

Heather said...

wow, this is lovely! Spectacular job!~

Periwinkle Pass Studio said...

Beautiful. What a great idea - taking the drawing and using collage techniques. This is a great piece.

Gill said...

HI!
I blog now from www.indigoblue.typepad.com but thought you may like to visit two of my favourite art blogs...
http://awhimsicalbohemian.typepad.com and http://afancifultwist.typepad.com

Your work is lovely!
xo

Anonymous said...

great color choices!