Pages

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

I have been on Jury Duty!!!!

I was selected for a Jury on Monday and have been going to court everyday this week. We wrapped it up today and found the defendant guilty. It was very interesting being on a Jury and if you are able to do it I would highly recommend NOT trying to get out of it. Anyway, sorry I have been away but I was doing my civil duty.

I have been feeling very uninspired lately as well; just kind of blah!!! I am desperately looking for inspiration and am coming up short everywhere I turn. What happened to my creative mojo??? Is it lost forever??? Ok, I know I am being a little dramatic... I am taking an online class right now and I haven't even started this weeks assignment and it is due on Saturday....AGHHH!!

On a positive note, I have been given another blog award...wait...a TRIPLE blog award. I feel so special!! The giver of this award is Nicole from "A Little Mouse Said". She has a really cool blog and etsy shop, so go check her out. THANKS NICOLE!!!!!



Hopefully the next time I will have some art to share!!! Wish me luck!!!

Peace!!!

7 comments:

Lisa Lectura Creations said...

Hi Shonna! Congrats on the awards! You deserve it! Your "Move and the way will open" painting is beautiful! I hope your creative mojo comes back soon.

Hugs,
Lisa :)

Micki Wilde said...

Thanks for the lovely comment Shonna, I can't wait to see what you do with the pregnant girl painting!

Micki x

Anonymous said...

Jury Duty! I've never had to do jury duty! What an experience. You deserve the award. I love your blog.

Sandi Keene said...

Your mojo is definitely not gone - it just needed a rest!

Melissa Fischer said...

it was great meeting you- thanks for coming by my blog! I love your piece in the last post!
Melissa

Blaiz said...

Ugh, I hated jury duty! One of the men on the jury insisted that the woman on trial couldn't be guilty of DUI "because the used the weight on her driver's license when they did the breath test, and women always lie about their weight on their licenses."

You'll get your art mojo back when you stop being in your left brain, which is where you have to be if you're doing your jury duty correctly!

Carmen said...

That mojo of yours isn't lost... but don't expect it to come to you... MOVE!

I love that last piece you did. It's funny because as I was looking at it, I said to myself that this piece was different. The face shape. The hair. Even the eyes.

Then, as I read what you wrote and I would have to agree. This piece is all YOU. Your personal style is emerging. Way to go!

Don't be afraid to put all of you in your work... it will be better than ever!

Namasté,
Carmen