Pages

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Wold of Whimsy (First Piece Completed)






Remember this girlie....






Well now she looks like this...





I decided to change the whole color scheme. The red hair didn't work anymore, so I changed it to black and her eyes didn't look right, so I changed them to blue. I am much happier with this color scheme. I am having a great time in this class. I don't know much about working with watercolor paper or Gouache paints, so I really feel like I am learning a lot of new things. I am supposed to finish the piece with beeswax, but I'm not sure I want to put it on. I kind of like her the way she is.

I do need your help though. Can you tell she is pregnant? I don't want to go overboard with the shading. Just enough that you can tell she is preggo. Did I achieve the effect?? I would appreciate your input.

Thanks,

Shonna

7 comments:

Mom said...

Yes, Yes, I didn't see it at first then I realized she was pregnant. Shonna she is beautiful I love the changes you made and I agree no beeswax it is just perfect as it is. One of your best!!!

Nicole said...

I did notice her stomach at first but then it clicked when you said she was pregnant. I love her. She's beautiful!

Kristin Long said...

Shonna, I think she looks pregnant! I love the whole thing- she is so beautiful! I think the black hair suites her well! Great job!!!!!

Carmen said...

I could tell. :) I like her in either color scheme. Love the background too.

Blaiz said...

I could tell, especially with the placement of her hand on her belly. I like the changes you made -- she's so beautiful.

I recently messed up a piece using beeswax because it muted it too much for my liking, so I'd say don't beeswax her because she looks great as is -- all colorful and glowing.

I just came to your site because I saw Star Girl and wanted to comment on it. I can't wait for you to show that piece here!

Julie Allain said...

Hello Shonna you have been picked to join the Inspirational Team x

loralai said...

Yes, I can tell she is pregnant. I like the way u did that. I also like your funny skinny legs. My girls often have skinny legs too.