Pages

Monday, March 23, 2009

World of Whimsy (Works In Progress)







What is on your desk?? This is what is on mine right now. I am taking a class with the lovely Tamara LaPorte of Willowing. The class is called "World of Whimsy" and I am learning some new techniques. She is teaching us on watercolor paper with wc pencils and Caran D'ache water soluble crayons (I love them soooo much). She is a very nurturing teacher and speaks a lot about learning to make friends with your inner critic (Monster as she calls it). Her style of drawing has given me a new perspective which I really like. She is also featuring 4 members a week which I think is really cool. I happened to be featured this week (come check it out). We are only in week 3, so if you are in the market for taking a "Whimsy" class I highly recommend taking her class.






7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love what you've done ! I'm taking Tam's class too.
I got a real issue with shading :(

Kara Ward said...

I am moving to your desk...I love what is on it!!! Mine is a cluttered mess!

Abigail said...

I love the sheet music in that tree!

Blaiz said...

Looks like you're adding a new level to your lovely work.

I'll be signing up for Tamara's class later this week, after I finish a project I'm working on.

I've already let her know and I'm so looking forward to it!

nollyposh said...

Oh so ~lovely~ Shonna X:-)

Anonymous said...

Cool. I've always wanted to take a whimsical art class. I love the sheet music trees!

Pease Porridge said...

Love your latest works Shonna! Love the girl with the music tree. Very cool.
Jennifer