Pages

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Features, Blog Award and a Pineapple Princess

Two of my pieces have been featured. First, my "Flower Girl" piece was in an Etsy Treasury. You can take a look here. Second, my "Busy Bee" piece was featured on this really cool website:

I was also given a really special Blog Award from Micki of the Art Hermit. Her work is so sweet and I would highly recommend checking out her blog.




This Renee award was created by Bella and Ces in honour of their friend Renee.
In Bella's own words "this is a brand new award and I have the pleasure and honor of spreading the seed, watching it grow. I hope it finds it's way to those who are like Renee: the acorn, a small package becoming a tall and sturdy oak, giving more acorns, becoming tall and sturdy oaks, giving acorns..."





So now I am going to pass on this award to the following people, people who's blogs I love, who's art makes me smile and whom I will visit time and time again!





PBSArtStudio





Lisa Lectura Creations





Alison's Heart Sings





Creative Flutter





I also completed a commission today for a friend of mine. She wanted a girlie holding a pineapple for the entryway in her home. The pineapple means "Welcome" in Hawaii. I made the girlie resemble her 16 year old daughter.
I hope you all have a safe and artful weekend!
Shonna

5 comments:

Micki Wilde said...

Love the girl and the pineapple, what a great painting to see when you walk into a house!

Micki x

Mom said...

Shonna, I love this painting. It is so refreshing and sweet looking. I met Judy for lunch today and gave her the "3 Angels" Painting. Her and Tom both loved, loved loved it. they were going to take it over to Aaron Bros to get it framed. He said she was going to call you. Love ya, Mom

Lisa Lectura Creations said...

Hi Shonna! Congrats on your special features and your lovely award! You deserve it! Thanks so much for passing on the love! Adorable commission piece!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Lisa :)

Unknown said...

Shonna, Thank you so much for beautiful Renee award, i'm so honored that you would think of me, congratulations to you too for receiving it . you so deserve it, your artwork is so lovely and your so sweet! Patti

Kara Ward said...

I love this one...I wish it looked like me. Maybe if I ate pineapple and not Easter candy, I would have a chance. I love every piece...Kara