Pages

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Liberty and some exciting news!!

Happy April Fools Day!! I hope you don't get too many tricks played on you. When I turned on my computer this morning, there was a message that said I was infected by the April Fool's Virus. My heart stopped for a second until I looked at my husband and he had a little smirk on his face. He isn't very good at "playing" things like that off. When I scrolled down, it said "April Fools" love your Hubby! I guess it could have been worse. I need to think of something to get him back though...any ideas?




Here is my latest piece "Liberty." I was going to go in a different direction with this piece. I was going to make it more of a "Rock n Roll" type piece, but I received an e-mail from a customer that said she wanted to purchase it when it was complete. She said it would go great in her "Americana" living room, so I changed my vision for it. She also wants a male counterpart, so I will be working on that. I am very happy with the way it turned out, so I will be making prints of it.



Now for some exciting news! I have been chosen to be a team member of the blog "Inspirational." I will be helping to feature different artists and their blogs. This is exciting for me because the blog mainly features scrapbook artists and card makers. I applied to be apart of the blog because I want to bring something different to the blog and bring more attention to mixed media artists. I will be selecting one artist per week to be featured and if you are chosen, I will send an e-mail asking your permission. I am really stoked about this!! There are over 400 subscribers of the blog and I think this is a great opportunity for your art to be seen by a different group of people. There is also so much inspiration on the blog that could be incorporated in mixed media, so it is great from that angle as well.

******UPDATE******* I have added prints of "Liberty" and "I Loved You" in my Etsy shop. The ORIGINAL of "I Loved You" is also available in the shop.

6 comments:

Micki Wilde said...

Aww thanks for the lovely comments on my blog hun :)
Lovely Liberty, she's great!
Great news too about you joining the other blog, i've not heard of it before so i'm going to pop along and have a little looksie!
I also really like what you did with the pregnant girl painting, she's lovely!

Micki x

Blaiz said...

She looks great!

Krissy said...

Lovely, lovely new painting. And congrats on your new venture!

Leticia said...

Hi Shonna, thanks for the comment and congratulations on becoming a team member for the "Inspirational" blog. Love your work.

Unknown said...

I'm blog crusin' this evening and thought I'd check out the Other Suzi Blu Mermaid's blog pages. So here I am! I know this is late for April fools day but I have a horribly perfect joke you can remember for next year! Dip cotton balls into melted candy making chocolate and put them all on a pretty spring plat! OH MA GAWD! You will laugh until you pee! Be sure to spray the plate with pam or put on parchment paper because after the chocolate hardens it sticks to the plate and the bottoms come off...

Have a great hair day! Becci who is learning to be a mermaid in Kansas!

Diane Duda said...

Thanks so much for choosing me as your first "Inspirational" artist. I'm very flattered and happy to say lovely people have been stopping by my blog because of it. :)

Love you patriotic couple!
Thanks again.
xo
Di