Pages

Friday, May 15, 2009

In Memory of Robert...

My Aunt's stepson was tragically killed back in March of this year. I'm not really sure of all the details, but he was basically stabbed and beaten to death. I made this collage with a really sad heart. Robert was only 19 years old and was just starting his life. I had known him since he was a little boy and he was always quiet but very sweet. I made this collage for my aunt and her husband; They are really going through a hard time and I hope they find some solace in this painting.




3 comments:

Krissy said...

Shonna, that collage is absolutely amazing. Your Aunt will love it. What a tragedy for such a young boy to die. God never intended for it to be this way. Someday all this will end and we'll celebrate together with everyone we have lost. All will be perfect.
Hope you have a beautiful weekend.
krissy

seedplanter said...

Shonna, your art is amazing. I can imagine your aunt receiving this collage and feeling so soothed by the message of that verse. You have a special talent there. What a thoughtful gift, when words don't seem enough. I love the layout.

Art by Darla Kay said...

So very sad Shonna! What a lovely tribute you've made though. Your aunt will treasure it!
Darla