Pages

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Layer Love with Julie




I have been branching out a bit and am learning more background techniques. Julie of "The Land of Lost Luggage" is teaching an online class on just backgrounds. I am learning some new things and am having a lot of fun. What I really like about the class is she is teaching us a little bit about mixing paints. Each piece so far is pretty much variations of one or two colors. Fun Fun Fun! I am still trying to figure out what I am going to do with these pages. I guess I will collage some of my girlies onto them. Julie turns her pieces into journaling pages, but I don't journal (I barely have enough time to paint).


I hope everyone had a good weekend and Memorial Day. I heard on the news that some children were asked what Memorial Day was and most of the responses were this: "The day the pool opens for the summer..." What? I thought that was really interesting and sad.

Do your kids know what Memorial Day means? I will make sure mine do...

Shonna

2 comments:

Julie Prichard said...

Ugh...the day the pool opens...great.

Your pages look great, Shonna! I am so happy to know you are enjoying class!

Sandi Keene said...

Hey Shonna-
Love your backgrounds. So rich and deep.