Pages

Friday, May 29, 2009

Textured Poppies And Etsy Sale ends Monday June 1st.!!


Here is a new piece I completed last week. I learned the technique from an online texture class I was taking. I primed the wood with black gesso and then drew my design with a white pencil. Then I took Spackle in a tube and outlined the design with it (not real good for my carpal tunnel). then after it dried, I collaged two layers of torn, white tissue paper over the whole piece. After that dried, I painted it...


I hope you like it....


****Also, I wanted to let you know that all of the originals (no matter what size) are all $25 in my shop. This will only be temporary though, the sale ends Monday, June 1st)****

4 comments:

Jenn said...

Wow, I love this. Trying new stuff can be fun huh? I love my painting I got in your sale items and glad the money is going to a good cause. that is so thoughtful of you Shonna.

Unknown said...

Shonna! When I read there was a sale I flew over to your shop and bought one of your pieces! Eeeek I'm so excited!

Sand

Kara Ward said...

Oh, this is so cool...the texture draws me to it. I like the thought of tissue paper to the top of it. You are amazing....online classes-how cool!

Kolleen said...

this is gorgeous! i love it! love the colors, the texture...beautiful