Pages

Monday, June 22, 2009

"Be Kind" and an Award!


Here is the latest painting I just completed. I painted the girl, birds and tree on watercolor paper and then collaged everything on a 12X16 canvas panel. I was inspired by my childhood on this one. I am an only child and so I often had to play by myself. I used to go in my backyard and just sing with the birds for hours. I used to pretend that they could understand my "bird" talk and I could understand them. To this day, birds hold a special place in my heart. I think you will be seeing more of them in my work in the future.


I was also given this cute award by Darla of "Artistic Accents by Darla." Please check out her blog, she is an amazing artist.

The "Love Ya" Award states: These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement.


Rules of this award are:

Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers. Deliver this award to other bloggers who must choose to pass it on and include this cleverly-written text into the body of their award!

Now I will pass it on to seven more amazing bloggers.

Cottin Pickin Ranch


Distracted By Design


Flor Larios Art


Hands and Heart


Heavenleigh Art


Lisa Lectura Creation


Witchetty


Please check out these artists blogs; they are some of my favorites!!!


7 comments:

Carmen said...

Thank You Shonna! Love your new painting. The birdies are adorable and the color on this piece is so vibrant.

Bee said...

I just love this painting. I have recently discovered collage and I am totally in love. I just adore how wonderful it is to get so much more detail and texture to a piece and your painting is just delightful.

My daughter is also an only child and spends hours in the garden.

ps. Thanks for the award and kind words.

Flor Larios Art said...

Hi Shonna,
Thank you so much for the award...I will post it on my blog as soon as I have a chance.
Your new painting is so pretty...I have three sisters and sometimes I felt alone or liked to be alone...just playing outside with the butterflies and the ladybugs...

Anonymous said...

Shonna, thank you so very much for this cute award, really means a lot to me and my little girls and boy art are so happy!
I have written a message to Thelma on Etsy. Hopefully it is a matter of her computer breaking down or something?
I have to tell you your art is so and really so very cute. I was in awwww! mode dreaming while looking at your latest girl.
Brilliant!

Lisa Lectura Creations said...

Hi Shonna! Congrats on your award! Thanks so much for passing on the love! Your lastest painting is fantastic! Look at those cute lil' birdies! Have a wonderful day sweetie!

Hugs,
Lisa :)

Micki Wilde said...

Congratulations on the award.
Your new painting is just lovely, so whimsically cute!

Micki x

rach said...

What a happy accident that I found your blog this morning. Your little girls have bewitched me and now I have found my new happy place. I'm completely in love with Be Kind (she reminds me of my Lizzie).