Pages

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Works In Progress

I have 3 commissions I am working on right now. Here is one of them. I rarely show works in progress, so I thought I would start doing it more often.


Also, my addiction to online classes continues. I am taking one of Monica Zuniga's online classes. This one is called "In My Garden." I have been a long time admirer of Monica's work and have always been curious as to her process, so I was delighted to find out that she was offering online classes. The only problem? She has FIVE of them!! It was very hard to choose one and I am scrambling to try and figure out how I can gather enough money to pay for ALL of them (LOL!!). The really cool thing is she shows you how to alter a book and then each class will be painted on the pages in the book. I really love this concept. I took one of my son's old "Blue's Clues" Board books (shhhhh don't tell him) and am using that for the classes. You have to check her NING site out; it is super cool (and so is she).


Here is my work in progress for the Garden class

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Shonna! Just stumbled on your blog. Your style is wonderful! I love the variations in your characters. Really great! Thanks for sharing your art. Oh... I just took my first online class, I can see why your addicted! We may have to start group therapy! ha

Art by Darla Kay said...

Oh I bet you're having fun in Monica's class! I'd like to take one too, but I'm like you. There's so many and I want them all, I need to pace myself :)
I've got a little award for you on my blog♥
Darla