Pages

Monday, July 13, 2009

New Painting...The Love Seeker

I decided to turn my drawing "The Heart Seeker" into a painting. Here is the result. I am very happy with how she turned out although I didn't really mean to make her look so sad.

I woodburned everything first and then I layered and layered and layered (you get the point). I used flock on top of the hearts and then finished off the piece with hot beeswax. I really like this girlie! I think I am going to try turning her into an art doll (but with a happier face).

I am also working on several items for a big update in my shop. I have been experimenting in some new things, so I will be offering things that I haven't before. Stay tuned for more information on my shop update.


8 comments:

Blaiz said...

Ah, lovely!

Carmen said...

Beautiful! I especially love the distressed background.

Beki said...

Fantastic! I love this.
((hugs))
Beki xxx

Kristin Long said...

I think she is beautiful!!! Sad or not!

http://www.papermoonies.blogspot.com said...

Hi Shonna loving your creations.
I am teaching at the Municipal Art Gallery in Escondido on Grand Ave in February. A couple of others too but they are in San Diego.
Go check out the Gallery, it is a group show- and a people's choice. I am in it and would love a vote if you should feel so enclined.
Brittany
http://www.papermoonies.blogspot.com

Kolleen said...

She's gorgeous...beautiful! I am looking forward to the new things you are working on!!

Micki Wilde said...

Hi Shonna, she is such a cutie.
I love all the colours you used in this one and the woodburning really makes it special.

Micki x

Michele said...

Your artwork is delightful! I just love the girley girlz you paint. :)