Pages

Monday, September 28, 2009

"I'm Melting..."

So sorry it has been so long since my last post. Things have been a little crazy here lately! We had a pipe break in one of our walls and it ruined our hardwood floors. This was especially upsetting to us since we put these floors in with our bare hands about 7 years ago. Well needless to say, the whole floor has to be replaced. At least we don't have to do it this time. The first step was to dry out the floors, so they brought these huge dehumidifiers to do the job. Great, right? No! These machines sucked out any cool air we had in our house. The temperature in our house raised to 92 degrees downstairs and 94 degrees upstairs. We didn't last too long, so we packed up and went to a hotel for the weekend. We came back today and they removed the machines from hell. I love air conditioning!!

Upstairs temperature...

Downstairs temperature...

Machines from hell....


On an art note, I decided to try my hand at paper clay. I saw a great article in a magazine on how to make a Santa Claus from the artist from Polka dot Pixie. Check out her work; she is just amazing!! I took ceramics in high school, so it kind of brought back memories. I really like the way he came out and he will look nice with my Christmas collection. I think I will try a snowman next because I collect them.




3 comments:

Jenn B. said...

sorry you had to suffer with the heat. At least you now get new floors:) Ok love the lil santa. How cute is he?? Can't wait to see more. Love ya, Mom

Kolleen said...

SO glad you are back amongst AC...and the machines from hell are long gone!!! .sorry for all your troubles!
Your santa is DARLING...can't believe it is your first time trying your hand at it! too cute!

Unknown said...

How CuTe is he?! I can't believe he is your first one!