Pages

Sunday, December 27, 2009

Spread Your Wings And Fly!!


I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas! I can't believe this year is coming to an end and we are going to be entering the year 2010 (it even feels strange typing that number). I am looking forward to the upcoming year and hoping that it brings happiness and positive changes for my family and yours!!


I was commissioned to do a painting for a friend's niece for her birthday. It was refreshing to paint something other than Holiday themed pieces.


The painting was done on a 6x12 wood panel. I wood burned the girlie and ladybug and used colored pencils for the skin and Golden Acrylics and Stuart Gill paints on everything else. I'm not sure if I want to put beeswax on it or not; any opinions??


Enjoy your week and have a Happy New Year!!

3 comments:

Renee said...

Well she is wonderful and I am sure that your friend is thrilled.

Renee xoxo

Anonymous said...

Your art is always beautiful Shonna.
So pleased to have you as a friend!
Happy new year!

Hugs!

Julie

Lisa Lectura Creations said...

Hi Shonna! She is adorable! Happy 2010! Wishing you a year full of love and creative happiness! Thanks so much for your sweet inspiration to us all!

Hugs,
Lisa :)