Pages

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Heart Your Art- My First Interview


Do you have insecurities about your art? Do you constantly compare your art to others? You aren't alone...believe me! Melissa from "A Magikal Meliss" has started a campaign regarding this very subject. The campaign is called "Heart your Art" and I am her very first interview on the subject. When she contacted me and asked me if she could interview me, I decided that this was a subject that my experiences could possibly help newer artists. So I agreed. Melissa sent me a list of questions and I felt it was extremely important for me to be brutally honest. So if you are interested in reading my interview, you can do so here.

3 comments:

Kolleen said...

absolutely interested!

heading off to read it right now!!!

xxoo
k

happy tuesday!

Buffy said...

I just read your interview,I enjoyed reading it, I felt sad about the mean person that left you that comment,I think that person was just jealous,don't let that bother you,I took suzis class and a few others,thats how we learn to find ourselves,but in the mean time your faces are going to look similar to our teachers but you're right you're making art for yourself so keep going,your art is beautiful. Then you made me laugh about your inner critic the "bitch", I always say mine is a tough cookie,a real mean bitch so I had to laugh. Thanks for sharing.

A Miraculous Meliss said...

YAY US! I didn't know it was your first interview, I'm so honored! Thanks for sharing the link on your blog. I wish there were more people involved, but what can ya do except keep going regardless.

I agree: I really think it's important to share this information with newer artists who might see our work and admire it, but never think that we struggle just like they do! It's already helped me to hear what you and others have to say cause I do consider myself a new artist.

I posted the comments we got this morning, check them out...

~magick~
Melissa