Pages

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

I'm Back!!!

Sorry I have been gone for awhile, but I have been busy making some serious changes in my life. In October I started a very strict Dr. supervised diet. Starting this diet before the holiday's took a lot of focus on my part, causing my artwork to take the back seat. I also have been working out 4 times a week and ran my first 5k a few weeks ago. As a result of this lifestyle change, I have lost a total of 55 lbs. I can't tell you how much healthier I feel (physically and mentally). I was so ashamed of the way I looked that I was very depressed and was getting to the point of not wanting to leave my house. I knew a change had to be made and I'm so glad that I finally took the first step to a healthier life. I still have some more weight to lose, but I feel I now have the tools to make it happen.




As far as art goes, I just got back from Artfest in Seattle and I feel re-charged. I had a great time and am so inspired by all of the classes I took as well as all of the artwork I saw. The challenge for me is to find balance in my life. To make time for my health, art and the other daily responsibilities in my life. I'm sure you all know what I mean.



Art from Lynn Perella's Class


My piece from Andrea Saujani's Class (she was an awesome inspiration).

Stay tuned for more Artfest pictures...

8 comments:

heartartz said...

Hi Shonna
It was a pleasure to meet you and the Philly girls!!!
I LOVE your art and you look marvelous too...congrats on the weight loss and marathon running.
I will be posting about Artfest 2011 on my blog later today or tomorrow.

Jenn said...

She's back.....Yeah!!! Love you, Mom

Andrea Matus said...

Shonna,
Such a pleasure having you in class. Your piece came out beautifully, I'll be checking back here to see what you come up with next!

Heidimc said...

Hi Shonna,
I'm so glad I got to spend time with you at Artfest. At one point you made me laugh so hard I had to make a wardrobe change. That has never happened to me before. LOL
The artwork you made at Artfest was amazing as usual. Hope you can make it next year. It wouldn't be the same without you.

Nelly said...

Yeah for Shonna being back! I am still digging out of the abyss that was created while I was gone. Oh, well! Miss you much!

Heather Foust said...

I am soooooo glad you are back!!! Now I can keep up on what you are doing. I just wanted to say how wonderful it was to see you!!! You have a way about you that you just fit in I think anywhere you go! You have a wonderful spirit Shonna. I feel like I have known you for years. You are so right about the balance thing! It would be so sad if you gave up on your art. You are too talented. Love you girly!!!!

Amelia said...

well done to you for making such a commitment to your goal :) Life really is finding a balance for juggling all the different things, I definitely find this. Childcare, being an artist, running my own bizz and doing my MA - sometimes it just feels crazy but art is the thing that definitely keeps me sane!

Good luck with it all :)

Amelia.x

PS fantastic art work on the artfest retreat! I wish I could go!

nollyposh said...

~Congratulations~