Pages

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

New Commissioned Piece

I was commissioned to paint a piece for a middle school aged girl who is graduating from 8th grade this month. She really liked my other recent piece "Soar" and wanted it to look similar. The concept was the same, but I changed it up. She also wanted the Bible verse Hebrews 11:1 on it. So here is the finished piece. It is on 8X10 cradled wood. I used a Sharpie marker for the doodles and colored pencils and Caran D'ache water soluble crayons on the face (I really love how the shading came out). I also used watercolor for the background and acrylic paint to color in the doodles and shirt. I then finished the piece with hot beeswax (which I haven't used in awhile). I hope you like it...


2 comments:

Julene said...

I love this one! It reminds me of me!!

Jane Lazenby ~ Artist said...

Love this beautiful page of yours!!!
jane