Pages

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Where Do I Begin...

I can't believe how much has been going on lately, but I will try and keep it short. First my family and I went to Maui for 8 days in the beginning of June. We had a blast and were sad to come home. I have been there before and just love it. Then we went beach camping right after that for a few days. This is something we always do every year. I'm not a big camper, but I like camping at the beach.
Next was my very first Art Show in San Diego. It was through RAW Artists, which is a group that promotes local artists. My work along with several other visual artists, photographers, fashion designers, bands, makeup artists etc. were represented. I didn't sell much, but overall it was a really great experience. Having people come up and compliment my work, gave me a little more confidence. I never thought in a million years that I would have enough courage to submit my work for a show.

I started a Art Journal club and it is held at my house once a month. We just had our second session and I am really enjoying teaching. I love sharing all of the different art journaling techniques I have learned over the years. The absolute best part is seeing someone who really doesn't consider themselves an artist, complete a page and be really proud of what they did.

Here are some photos from the past month (or so):


                                Art Show in San Diego (Photographs by Justin Novak)





 My husband Dan and I at the show. He showed off his Macgyver skills by hanging all of my work on the fence Raw gave me to display my work.


Journal Junkies First meeting in May.

                                         Journal Junkies Second meeting in June.


Some new work I finished recently




 xoxo
Shonna

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love that you are teaching art journaling and their pages look so amazing. I am jealous!!!! I want to teach this some day. Not quite there yet. Bless ya!

Unknown said...

Thanks Kandice! I have very talented students!