Pages

Thursday, January 8, 2015

Transform Vulnerably!! TMD Week 2

This week's study is from 2 Corinthians 12:7-10. The verse that stuck out to me the most was "His Grace is sufficient." I looked up the meaning of Grace and here is what I found. Grace= The free and unmerited favor of God, as manifested in the salvation of sinners and the bestowal of blessings. The Greek word for Grace is Charis (this is also where the word charisma comes from). Synonyms for grace= beauty, ease, dignity, elegance, poise, refinement. I thought it was interesting that all of these words could also be used to describe God. So in essence, His very being is grace!! Isn't that fabulous!!

What does Grace mean to me?

With my relationship with God? I know That no matter what my afflictions are, His Grace surpasses all of that and is sufficient.

In my own life? I am not perfect, things in my life are not perfect, in fact, I am a serious mess most days. But I am a child of the one who's very being is perfect and elegant, refined, beautiful, dignified and refined (Graceful), and that brings me comfort.

Relationship with others? I am learning that I must give others the grace that God has offered me so freely.

In my Church? My Pastor likes to say that Church isn't a museum for saints, it is a hospital for sinners. I have learned not to put too high of expectations on people in church. Especially not with the leadership; they also need God's grace and forgiveness as much as I do.

My Journal piece is about how in the midst of the pain, sorrow, confusion, chaos and sinfulness this world has to offer, His Grace is sufficient...He is Grace!!





For Logos365 this month, I have made an Acrostic out of my word Trust. I wrote down what I wanted to learn from my word. At the end of the year, I will make another one and see if what I have learned changes.


If you haven't joined the Take Me Deeper journey, I encourage you to join and start whenever. This challenge isn't about completing every week,it is about growing deeper in our relationship with our Creator. Oh, and the art is fun too!!

Peace and Blessings,
Shonna

No comments: