Pages

Friday, January 29, 2016

TMD-DNA Week 5 (Rewind)


This month has gone by so fast and I am loving that we at His Kingdom Come are exploring our DNA in Christ this year. The first month's theme has been "Come as You Are" and we have had some wonderful devotions and creative prompts about being forgiven and chosen by God. I have heard people say they want to get their lives together first before they go to church or start following God, but the fact of the matter is, God loves us just the way we are: "But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: while we were still sinners, Christ died for us."-Romans 5:8.  Have you heard the saying "Church isn't a museum for saints, but a hospital for the sick?" That is so true, I don't follow Jesus, go to church and read my bible because I think I am better than anyone else, I do those things because I need Him. Period.


The first week was about how we are Forgiven and the focus verse is Isaiah 1:18. Here is the front and back of my piece.




Week 2 was a Creative Prompt week. Creative Prompt weeks will feature a guest artist who will share a photo or video technique based around an "I am" statement (of who we are in Christ). Week 2 featured Diane Marra and I and the "I am" statement was "I am Forgiven." You can view our videos here and here.


Here is my finished "Creative Prompt" piece (I am making a tag book for all of my "I am" statements).

Week 3 was a devotion week that explored the fact that we are chosen by God. Actually everyone is chosen, this isn't an exclusive club. 2 Peter 3:9 says: "The Lord isn’t really being slow about his promise, as some people think. No, he is being patient for your sake. He does not want anyone to be destroyed, but wants everyone to repent." (NLT)

Think about that for a second. He is patient for our sake. I often wonder why God just doesn't destroy the earth and everyone who mocks and has turned their back on him. He surly has the power (and right) to do so, but he is "patient for our sake" and the famous John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that he gave His one and only son that none should perish, but have everlasting life." He is patient because he wants as many people as possible to come to him so He can give them life. That my friend is love. 
Here is my devotion piece for week 3:







Week 4 was another Creative Prompt week and our Featured artist was the very sweet and talented Susan Hiles. Her video was done in her Bible Journal (I am still working on her technique in my Bible). You can watch her video here.

Here is my "I am Chosen" tag for week 4.
      



And here we are Week 5...This week is a "Rewind" week. If there are 5 weeks in a month, the last week will be a week called "Rewind" where we will summarize the month and take the time to go deeper (by exploring a few questions of reflection) that month. It can also be a time to get caught up if we need to. For this week, I did a creative study and really reflected on what I learned this month. I love just sitting down with the Lord and listening to what he really has to say to me. And this month was rich with His word. 

It isn't too late to join us, in fact, this "Rewind" week would be the perfect time to get caught up. You can join us here and I hope you do. 

 

No comments: